Being a Volunteer with We Are Community Incorporated brings great rewards and satisfaction knowing that everything we do, is making a difference to our homeless and disadvantaged community.
There are many ways that you as a Volunteer can assist We Are Community Incorporated. Volunteers know that their actions, no matter how small are helping to make a difference in our local homeless and disadvantaged community. Our charity needs Volunteers for many different tasks and there is always something you can do to help. Have a look below at how you can become a volunteer with the We Are Community team.
What would you like to do for We Are Community Incorporated?
Volunteering with We Are Community can take on many forms and volunteering can be as frequent or infrequent as suits the individual. We like to get to know our volunteers interests and strengths and utilise these where possible. Some of our key volunteering tasks include:
· Serving our patrons during meal service
· Assisting with cooking for some services
· Picking up and dropping off fresh fruit, vegetables and staples in our charity van
· Sorting and packing toiletries and snack packs
· Delivering emergency hampers as needed
· Helping with pick up/drop offs of furniture etc.
· Washing and sorting donated clothes ready for distribution
· Supporting fundraising efforts e.g. Fundraising bbqs or events
· Donation drives – you could place one of our Donation Drive boxes at your work, school, gym, church or local sporting club
· Fundraising – you could fundraise for us, by running an event and pledging the profits to We Are Community Incorporated. Why not have a Garage Sale or a local Trivia Night and donate the funds raised to We Are Community?
· Simply follow us on Facebook, talk about the issues our homeless and disadvantaged or at-risk community faces daily.
· Most of these roles can be done in your own time. There are so many possibilities to assist in keeping We Are Community moving forward and helping as many people as we can.
How to join our Volunteer Team
Personal Information Form
All volunteers need to complete a volunteer application form so that we have current contact details, emergency contact details and can gain an understanding of your volunteering preferences and any other skills and knowledge you can bring to the team.
Volunteer Application Form (or a hard copy can be provided upon request).
Working with Children Check
In the interest of our patron’s safety, volunteers intending to assist at meal services for MLCF are required to complete a Working with Children check. The check is free for volunteers.
Our volunteer coordinator will be in contact to ensure you have submitted your checks, finalise volunteer documentation requirements and let’s get you started!
We are so thankful for our beautiful volunteers who give their time and energy freely, make new friends, and most importantly, assist our vulnerable community in so many ways. Thank you all!